Friday 25 April 2014

Day 359, April 24th, 2014

Happy 18th Birthday Stone!! I can not believe that you're that old already! Holy smokes! Time sure does fly by and even though I haven't seen you in a little while, I'd give you big smooches if you were closer!

Stone was the first foal ever born at our place and he was premature. He was small but he was strong. He was my best friend for the longest time. I used to play with him in the front corral for hours. The best game we ever played was tag. I would tag him and run away and than he would catch me and tag me with his nose and than run away. We did this for a really long time. He grew up to be my riding horse for numerous years and was a really dependable and exhausting animal. He always wanted to play with something and it was next to impossible to tire him out. I used to take him on trail rides where in fact he was a nightmare to ride until one time my dad was like, ride him at the back of the pack. So I did and he was fine. He was definitely sure footed and sometimes did things to terrify you but always got you through safe.... except for the one time he was distracted by a canoe and stepped on a giant rock in the Souris River and left me in the middle of the river, lol!

I haven't been able to ride him in awhile because of the damage done to my arms and neck, so dad gave him to Kevin and from Kevin, he went to Nikki's mom's and that's where he is today!!! I'm sure once I tell Keitha, that he will get spoiled!! :)

Here is the birthday boy! This picture was taken a couple years ago!
 
Anyone who knows me, knows I love gun(more so pistol) items. I found this yesterday. *sigh*
 

No comments:

Post a Comment