Tuesday 15 April 2014

Day 350, April 15th, 2014

Wow! Only 15 days left of this project. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself afterwards. What project will I start next?! I'm so used to blogging everyday that I don't know what will occupy that little bit of my time, choosing what is significant to photograph. Not that all my pictures for this project are great or anything but every picture has a story to me and what the story is behind it. I don't always explain what the story is behind the picture but I try!

Yesterday, my picture is and isn't significant. Its a picture of Jordan's dog that is slowly going down and down. She has made it through this horrible winter and I don't know how she's done it. She doesn't walk well and she likes to lay on the concrete steps instead of in her dog house or some place warmer. The sad part about her is that she doesn't receive a whole lot of attention as she is smelly, lol (barn dog, absorbs the smells from outside) but I try to give her some loving every now and than, especially when no one is watching :) This morning as I watched her and her pathetic cuteness, I took a picture of her and said my ritual, bye Champ, have a great day, stay warm, etc I wasn't really thinking about why I took the picture, I just did because she's cute and sometimes its nice to have pictures to remind us of our pets when they're gone. Whenever that time should come for Champ.

Later in the day, after the whole morning taking the picture of Champ, I talked to my dad. Dad informed me that Lumpy was not doing well and was potentially going to be passed on when I got home. Shocked about this news as the story he told me wasn't very pleasant, it had me thinking about the morning picture with Champ and how it would be nice to have those picture memories. My thoughts were, do I have pictures of Lumpy? Yes, I do but most are with my cell phone and aren't very nice. I would have to search through thousands of pictures to find a nice picture of him. I did find one of him and it was a picture of where he was curled up on my lap and it was a time when I definitely needed some cuddles. It made me pretty sad and as I went home, I knew that he wasn't going to be there for me to say bye and he wasn't. Lumpy had passed on.
Now, not having an abundance of pictures of Lumpy is not the worst thing in the world as we have our memories of him but it would still be nice to look at a picture and feel those memories.
Lumpy was your typical cat. He was a cat born in a house with the heart of a barn cat. He climbed up on things - counter to fridge to above cupboards. He got in trouble a lot. He was super cuddly and never said no to cuddles. He purred instantly and was always willing to take love as long as you'd give it. He was the toughest cat as dad watched him take on a coyote and win. He was great friends to my cat Sasha(miss her everyday) and was just a nice cat. Yes, we called him dummy or chicken ball or lumpy dump but all in all he was your typical cat and no one can really say otherwise. I'll definitely miss him and his cuddles. His willing to go wherever you put him and kicking him off chairs for him to turn around and jump back on it, lol. We will bury him when the ground is warmer and allows us to do so but in the mean time we have him covered and out of harms way.

RIP Lumpy cat, we certainly had our good times and now you and Sasha can cuddle together and give each other baths like you used to. Love you buddy. ♥


Lumpy ♡


No comments:

Post a Comment