Thursday 3 April 2014

Day 337, April 2nd, 2014

Eeeee!!! A whole DATE day with Jordan! I'm pretty excited!!

Today, we're heading off to the Brandon Winter Fair! We haven't been in a couple years so we decided to pick a day and head off to see the fair!
On the way to Brandon, Jordan decided not to stop in at Portage, so we ended up getting to Brandon earlier than we had planned.
We stopped in at Cowtown and spent a lot of time in there. I wanted to make sure that I seen everything in the store and didn't miss out on anything, lol.
I found a wicked chin strap that I had my eye on and than Jordan found a bridal and I really liked the bridal. He ended up picking the darker one (as I really liked the dark one) and found a sweet iron snaffle bit with copper inlay. So he scooped that up along with the chin strap I was eyeing.
I looked at the jewellery and found a ring that I thought was reallllly cute but they didn't have my size :( so no jewellery for this girl today.
Dad had asked me to look for a hat for him. He wanted a gus and my dad and I both really love gus hats. The last time I was there, they didn't have anything like it so I was feeling doubtful BUT to much surprise, they had one! Only one and happened to be a size that would fit dad.
I LOVE sales as much as anyone else but I was pleasantly surprised when this hat had 25% off on the inside of the hat! SWEET deal I tell you!! I did find a scarf there that I was a little fond of but it was pricier than what I would have liked for the size that it was. Oh well, no cigar this trip.

After cowtown, it was off to Tractor Supply. I found a hoodie that I really liked but it was too big so that was a no go. Than I found the most cutest, sweetest, most adorable John Deere girl outfit there was. Jordan offered to buy it to put it away but it seemed a little crazy to buy baby clothes when we're not expecting. So I said no but it was sure cute. Came with a little hat, dress, jean diaper cover and something else and I was in love but no dice.
I left the baby outfits and wanted to look to see if they had any rope. I was hoping that maybe they would have some unique rope for new halters as it seems we can't find any halters-again. Instead of finding halter rope, I found lead rope rope. I was able to get enough rope for 4 lead ropes in black and green. The green is awesome, like John Deere green!

After Tractor Supply it was time to head for lunch. Both Jordan and I were starving as we didn't have any breakfast. Of course, as tradition goes, we had Pizza Hut lunch buffet. The wait wasn't too bad but when people come in groups, it would be nice to have them sit instead of stand otherwise we probably could've been seated sooner. Not that it was a big deal but there was a lot of people in the waiting area so it was hard to tell how many were together and what not.
The buffet was really good. The pizza was great (which is rare for pizza hut except at that Brandon location) and the dessert pizza was even better! So good! Great choice for Lunch Jordan other than watching what I eat was totally not happening.

FAIR TIME!!!! hahaha you wouldn't think I would be so excited but I was pretty excited to see all the venues they had advertised. You never know what you'll find at these booths so I was anxious to check them out.
We did the top round first, I always look first before buying anything. On the top round, I came across this place that sold pj's and I was in love with them.... until I looked at the price tag. $25.00 for pj bottoms?! $29.00 for KIDS pj's?! I was starting to feel a little bummed. Jordan and I than moved onto the lower level where I knew some of the tack places would be.
Looked at a few tack places, highly overpriced items and nothing that jumped out at me. Remember, I'm not a blingy/flashy/gaudy type person so a lot of the items out there, are not for me.
Had a real good look at a brand new escape and I have to say, I want one... just not the price tag. This fully loaded Escape was just under $40,000.00 :( I would have to settle with less bells and whistles thats for sure.
Jordan and I also looked at some of the Dodge trucks they had there. They have this neat dark brown color that I wouldn't mind one bit.
After looking at those, my jaw hit the floor. We had turned the corner and ran into 3 beautiful, insanely huge horse trailers. I've seen some living quartered horse trailers but these were houses. One of the trailers was $71K and it was gorgeous. It even had bar stools in it! The second one was nice, didn't have living quarters but I really really nice dressing room. The third and the king of the trailers was a $95+ thousand trailer. It was ridiculous in all reality, lol. The shower was better than most peoples stand up showers in their home for fanciness! I was like damn, that thing better shower you too! hahaha!! It was really nice but I couldn't imagine buying one.
The Cowtown booth really really really disappointed me as well as Mansfields. It didn't offer anything. It was like, here is our junk, lets send it to the fair. So I never found anything there.
If I were into English riding, I'm sure I would've found a lot of things as it was mostly directed to the English riders between Greenhawk, Tack in the Box and a couple other venues that I hadn't even heard of.
Some lady stopped me at one of the booths and Jordan was like, do not make eye contact! LOL! Well she ended up stealing my hand and buffing it with some crazy buffer. It was nice but I had a feeling it came with a hefty price tag so I thanked her and left!
Jordan and I just kind of wandered and than sat and watched the shows. The superdogs always get me. Especially the ones that are just so excited and want to do everything at once. Jordan was laughing at my amusement.
I introduced Jordan to Greek Gyros, he really liked it. I had chicken souvlaki :) so tasty! It was pretty expensive though but oh well.
I'm starting to tell waayyy to many details of my day but the whole evening was great. I really enjoyed it.
Jordan and I stayed until just before the Hackney's and left when they started. We were able to get home just after midnight (thankful that we didn't stay for the heavy 6 horse hitch event as we would've been possibly an hour later and we were both exhausted)
We had a great day and I wish that I didn't have to work in the morning, but that's the way it goes!

Hope you all had a great Wednesday!

This is part of the side of the 95 plus thousand dollar trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment